Many people may immediately think of collectible cards when thinking of sports memorabilia but the fact of the matter is there are a lot of other options available in this fun hobby. There is also a wide range of sports that one can find collectibles for.

When I was growing up there was a show called the "Wide World Of Sports" Chandler Jones Elite Jersey , this is so true today. With the internet many sports from around the world have become even more popular and as a result there are even more people who are collecting items from sports and sports stars all over the world who they may have never heard of before the existence of the internet. You can collect items from such diverse sports as football, baseball, soccer Authentic Chandler Jones Jersey , NASCAR, and even the UFC or Ultimate Fighting Championships.

As with other collectibles sports memorabilia must be preserved in pristine condition in order to be valuable. No one is going to give big money for baseball cards that are frayed or dog eared for example. This is why you will see many serious collectors who will have their items in air tight containers which are then stored in fireproof and moisture proof vaults. I have seen some people who have had the forethought to save items for their grandkids, not many people think of that but those who do often leave them with a valuable heirloom.

The hobby of collecting sports memorabilia covers an enormous array of diverse items that one can collect from the old baseball cards found in bubble gum packs to actual uniforms that a particular sports star wore such as a Wayne Gretzky hockey uniform or Emmit Smith's football jersey. Baseballs from the time of Babe Ruth bring enormous sums of money when they have been signed and authenticated. Homerun record baseballs are valuable as well.

If one collects books or magazines these can be valuable as well especially with magazines when one has every issue ever released going back for decades. I used to have a huge collection of bodybuilding magazines going back for over 20 years and I had every issue Chandler Jones Jersey , when I decided to part with them the collection was quite valuable because it was so complete.

Even items that are not thought of as sports related but endorsed by sports stars can be worth quite a lot. Old Wheaties boxes with sports stars on the have been prized as collectibles. Action figures that are made is a sports stars likeness also make for fun items to collect. Just always be sure to protect the items if you are looking for them to increase in value, as I said before collectibles only become valuable when kept pristine.